McKay Brothers, a profitable and rapidly growing provider of specialty telecom and financial market data, has an immediate opening for a NOC Technician in San Antonio, Texas.
Primary tasks include answering client calls, opening support tickets, proactive network monitoring, resolving network issues, managing escalations, and drive problems to resolution per defined SLAs.
As a NOC Technician you will:
- Answer client calls
- Open, update, close support tickets
- Proactively monitor customers’ network
- Document events and alarms in case management platform
- Follow customer alerts and notifications requirements
- Perform remote troubleshooting on microwave radios, battery chargers, dehydrators, routers, switches, and other monitored devices
- Follow all NOC processes and procedures
- Initiate escalation requests per internal and external Service Level Agreements requirements
- Maintain client security levels and information confidentiality
- Create, submit, and implement change management requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have the flexibility to work day, evening or night hours; emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
Minimum requirements include:
- 4 years related NOC experience
- RF/microwave experience
- Prior experience with SNMP
- Strong schedule management experience
- Prior experience and a strong understanding of the OSI model
- Must demonstrate working networking knowledge with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route
- Experience using a network monitoring system such as HP Openview, Solarwinds, etc.
- Proficient with network troubleshooting techniques and ticketing systems (ex. Jira project)
- Strong teamwork skills, self-disciplined, self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize time effectively
- Take initiative to learn new products and network technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a good foundation of best practices
- Experience with providing support to high level clientele
- Experience troubleshooting T1 problems with vendors
- Clearly communicate with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing
- RF engineering experience working with radio communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, site equipment layout
- Routing & Switching
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This is a, full-time position located in San Antonio, Texas. McKay Brothers offers a comprehensive benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation; medical, dental & vision policies; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k); commuter benefits; and EAP. Our health premiums are paid 100% (up to max).
McKay Brothers, LLC is the acknowledged leader in providing low latency wireless networks for financial markets trading. McKay designs, engineers, builds and operates the premier low latency microwave networks used by the world’s most sophisticated trading operations. McKay opened its US network in 2012, expanded to Europe in 2014 and Asia in 2016. Its Quincy Data affiliate serves a universe of equally innovative clients, distributing financial markets data globally via microwave. Learn more at www.mckay-brothers.com and www.quincy-data.com.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes in PDF form only.
McKay Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is not eligible for recruiter referral fees. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.