McKay Brothers, a profitable and rapidly growing provider of specialty telecom and financial
data, has an immediate opening for a Senior Java Engineer at the company's U.S. headquarters
in Oakland, California. This role will work closely with teams in Europe and may be expected to
early hours for overlap.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will provide technical support for internal applications running
within the McKay Brothers network. Your expertise will be used to add features, trouble-shoot
problems and develop solutions across the full stack of complex, ever-evolving web-services. Not
only will you be responsible for developing thoughtful solutions, but you will also need to
thoroughly test your changes and where necessary produce unit test suites to speed up and
the quality assurance process.
- 7+ years of experience using Java 8 or above
- Working knowledge of messaging formats such as JSON, XML and Protobufs · In-depth
experience using relational databases like Postgres, ideally using Hibernate
- Web service and RESTful interface development, using frameworks such as Jersey
- In-depth familiarity with tools for source control (Git), builds (Maven) and issue tracking
- Ability to understand and develop intelligent object-oriented design structure
- Experience developing web-services on the Dropwizard framework
- Experience designing and developing single-page applications using AngularJS and/or Angular
- Experience writing code to interface with external services such as open authentication
- Working knowledge of Postman and/or other tools to test web applications
Some travel may be required.
The Oakland, CA base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 - 175,000. Our salary
ranges are determined by role, career level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work
location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant
McKay Brothers offers a comprehensive benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation;
medical, dental & vision policies; 401(k). Our health premiums are paid 100% by the company
to maximum contribution cap).
McKay Brothers, LLC is the acknowledged leader in providing low latency wireless networks for
financial markets trading. McKay designs, engineers, builds and operates the premier low latency
microwave networks used by the world's most sophisticated trading operations. McKay opened its
US network in 2012, expanded to Europe in 2014 and Asia in 2016. Its Quincy Data affiliate
universe of equally innovative clients, distributing financial markets data globally via
Learn more at www.mckay-brothers.com and www.quincy-data.com.
McKay Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is not eligible for recruiter referral fees. Recruiters, please don’t contact